Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Political "Girl Crush"

I decided this morning that I wanted to change things up. I know that for the past two days, I have essentially spoiled two cups of coffee by writing only about what has been going wrong in our nation's capitol. Perhaps it is because it is just too easy these days.


So today, I decided to make a small change for myself. I decided that I am going to write about some type of positive political force in the works. For me, the first person that comes to mind is my "girl crush"; Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC). 


This is because, Nikki Haley is smart, aggressive, and certainly not afraid about what the media might say about her. As an Indian woman in the Republican Party, she is an inspiration to other non-white women who want to participate in the world of politics. 


The following clip is her endorsement of Gov. Mitt Romney for president.




So, now that you have watched the clip.... I have to ask.... Is it just me, or does everyone else kind- of wish that Mitt just kept his mouth shut and just let Haley do all of the talking?

No comments:

Post a Comment